October has been declared my most favorite month. I love the weather, I love that the school year's already going and settled, I love lots about it. I especially love taking my kids out into the great fall weather and getting some adorable pictures. Which is why this year, I've been a little sad about being holed up in the house with what we now know is pneumonia. Yup, that's right. No fun. I have enjoyed all the yummy meals and treats that my good friends have shared with me though. Looking on the bright side, this gives me a chance to catch up with forgotten end-of-the summer and Sept. happenings. First, Labor day weekend, we went to Provo, had a great time with family, hiked up the canyon and enjoyed the weather. In the cave picture below you can also see Nigel's sister, Gidgette.
Sam planted a garden this year, and oh boy has it been productive! We've really enjoyed picking our own produce and also pictured here is an awesome entree Sam came up with. The black pasta is squid ink pasta from the Italian market. They tried it and liked it! Parents : 1 Kids : 0
My beloved Grandma has now been moved into an assisted living facility. She's struggled some with the move but in all, it seems to be working out. The kids marvel at the plentiful activities available as advertised in the elevators, such as: Wii tournements with Chad, and other exciting options. The kids love to see her, and they also love to take her walker for a spin.
We have also had some last minute swimming fun with our good friends the Roberts. They were nice enough to invite us to their mom's house to swim. All of our kids have so much fun together, we love spending time with them. As seen below, Reese and their pug, Moose, having a discussion.
It's been a fun and eventful fall, and oh, at the end of Sept. Elle taught herself how to ride a two wheeler! Way to go Elle! That was the easiest one for me yet!




























3 comments:
Being sick is the worst. Hope you get feeling better soon. :)
Hope you feel better very soon! Nigel's sister is cute. Cute pictures--that's neat about Elle and her bike!
I am sorry you have been sick. I've had pneumonia and it's no fun. Looks like life hasn't slowed down for you though, which doesn't surprise me. They have squid ink on the pizza at Pizza Hut in China- I didn't try it though...I guess you'll have to give me the details.
Post a Comment